Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shoot the Moon

So, a few moths ago I joined a new rp. It's called Shoot the Moon and takes place in Vegas and is quite fabulous. Right after I joined there was a bit of behind the scenes drama which almost sent me running for the hills but I stayed on and am so glad I did. I'm really having a blast with the group. The people are great, the writing is great and the overall storyline is great.
The thing that really attracted me to the group was the quality of writing. I was intimidated at first because my own writing had gotten rather . . . blah - a direct result of me being lazy. This group and the awesome writers in it forced me to put effort into my posts; they were the kick in the ass that I really needed. Now, I have my confidence back again and my characters are very strong in my head, which makes the posts even more effortless.
I ended up bringing my Aislin character there and I'm glad I did. She fits in well in the Vegas setting and has much more potential now, though I haven't done too much with her yet since I just recently intro-ed her.
Zephyra is a step out of my comfort zone. She's neurotic, narcissistic and downright bitchy. Image is everything to Zephyra and God help anyone who tarnishes her reputation.
Nate is firmly in the center of my comfort zone: alpha male with somewhat shady history but in general a good guy. He immigrated from Australia and has that typical laid-back way about him that many Aussies seem to have.
I have to say though, right now Joe is the character who has been demanding my attention. Somehow he just came alive as I started writing him and he's been adamant about getting out of my head as often as possible. He's in a weird place right now in his life but instead of being harder to write he'd been easier, which is rather great actually.
He's a character who started off as an NPC (non-playing character) and I decided to give him a whirl. Mafioso bad boy who somehow manages to be downright despicable, sexy and charming all at the same time. He's the in-play villain and the charrie you love to hate.
This game has kick started my waning creativity and my compulsion to write once again has an outlet. It feels good; damn good actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment