Sunday, November 15, 2009

Whoopie!

Yesterday I made Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Lucy. She was feeling a bit left out because Cameron had his cousin Brandon over and what ten year old boy wants to hang out with his sister when he has a friend over? So she helped me bake and licked the mixing thingies after we were finished making the cream you put in the middle. She was thrilled.
They cooled ridiculously fast so we got to put them together and eat them soon after. To a child who loves food, this is like heaven.

When Lucy was a baby every single problem she had could be solved by nursing. She was tired? Nurse her until she fell asleep. She was hurt? Nurse her until she stopped crying. She was hungry? Well, you get the idea.
As she grew and became more independent, this didn't change. Anytime that I left her with Jocco, I left him with these words of wisdom: "When all else fails, feed her. If you want her to be happy the whole time I'm gone, feed her non-stop."
Now Joy on the other hand . . .
Joy eats when she's hungry. She very rarely comfort nurses, though she will nurse herself to sleep - but only if she's hungry.
So, what's a mother to do when nursing fails? I have no clue because that's the only way I know to comfort my child. No, just kidding. We've figured out some comfort techniques that work when nursing fails.

Anyway, back on topic. So after dinner we decided to watch The Tale of Despereaux which was insanely cute. Jock and I enjoyed it; Lucy bounced around the living room on a Whoopie Pie induced sugar high. The boys played video games in Cameron's room.
We've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to watch a movie with young children. Before Joy was born, it was impossible for me to stay awake long enough to watch a movie after putting Lucy to bed. Course, I was gigantically pregnant and tired allllllll the time. Now, if Lucy's not talking through it, then Joy's babbling non-stop. It really is true that little girls talk incessantly.

I'd love to continue boring everyone with our weekend activities but I have to go feed Joy before my right breast explodes in a shower of milk and gore (it's really full, you see.) But I will leave you with this Lucy-ism from the vault:

'I am the Master of Evil!' - Nov. 4, 2009

Oh and, for the record, I like the color green.

No comments:

Post a Comment