Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am thankful for . . .

My toes. They may not be the prettiest toes and often in need of a painting, but they help me keep my balance.
My legs. They're always pale and sometimes hairy but they enable me to walk.
My hips. They may not be lithe as they once were but what resides between them gave me the gift of two beautiful girls.
My belly. Stretch-marked and flabby but perfect for a three year old to blow raspberries on.
My breasts. Large and in need of a push-up bra but they nourished two children, giving them the perfect start to life.
My arms and shoulders. Just muscular enough to haul around a baby or a preschooler, though always knotted and sore.
My head. I like to think it's pretty enough but it's the brain inside that I'm truly thankful for. It enables me to know right from wrong; it gives me the sense to not take anything for face value and gather all the information before making a decision. It gives me permission to follow my instincts and not apologize for my thoughts and feelings.

I am thankful for everything that makes me me. I am thankful for what that means to my family. I am thankful that they see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment